Monday, September 30, 2013

USA So Yesterday

AITOOW has read their last issue of printed news? Or at least paid to read it. USA Today doubled their price over night. This, coupled with their slow deterioration (and this is grading on a MC curve for a MC newspaper) as a new organization, was the last straw. I was only buying you for the crossword puzzles anyway and the fact that our local rag did what you are doing years ago. I'll just get my news for free on my tablet now. It wasn't really news anyway - was it? More like "olds". I've been a fool to have been supporting you this long. You never ship enough papers to your retail stores anyway. Operationally, you walk large margins of sales every day. It's a constant game of will they or won't they every day. I guess you are relying on that soon to be discredited consulting maxim - squeeze every penny out of your most dependable customers. You'll find out the hard way. You don't have as many of them as you think you do. Thanks for saving me the $300 a year. I'll use it to buy toner to print out my crossword puzzles.

No comments: