Friday, June 19, 2015

Home of the Free-ks

AITOOW wonders what was the impetus for our contemporary zeitgeist? The wimp/victim ethos. I know all "civilized" people get soft and their tastes become perverted. I mean what did it to us. I was going to blame Elmo and the esteem movement fostered in the Nineties by the Clintons. Then I realized that the wimps of today were raised by pre-Elmo parents. Maybe the wussification of Sesame Street was not to blame. It created wussies before the gay Grover. I was going to question what other factors could be involved when I realized the pattern went back one more generation to the hippies. How were they brainwashed? Was it a show? School? Nazi-ism? McCarthy? All I know is, that with the exception of about five Rambo-loving, body building years in the 80's and maybe two years of post 9/11 sanity, Americans have grown a giant gash between their legs. A mottled, hipster beard (or faux hawk or stubble or tats or piercings) doesn't compensate. It actually illustrates the lack of real substance.

No comments: