Saturday, September 9, 2017

Cheap-otle

AITOOW thinks they missed something in the article I just read about Chipotle? The five percent price increase seems to be accompanied by a decrease in the portion size (at least in tacos). The shells seem to be at least 1/4 smaller (and with a different/coarser texture). Maybe my location ran out of the usual and bought some El Paso at the supermarket? I only go about once a month (so I may be mis-remembering) because of the double digit/single item and small drink cost (like the article referenced). I also never bought into the eco-conscious bs and don't love the freaky staff. Plus they can't even leverage the high margin segment into free wifi. Even though the low cost leaders who spend on advertising and discounts somehow can. Guess that $ goes to pay for the sepsis shots for the Hellraiser preparing my meal. Hope he buys stock. Down 40% this year alone.

No comments: