Monday, October 14, 2019

Fake Views

AITOOW thinks polls are still effected by news coverage (despite their exposed bias) because "independents" still don't accept/realize that they are hearing/seeing biased coverage? Plus others are being fed liberal news via the internet. For example, my Samsung tablet has a news feed that presents itself underneath my favorites link page whenever I start my browser. Of course they load stories from the NYT and the LA Times. So the headlines I read on any given day are all from a certain point of view. I bet a lot of the changes in attitudes reflected in polls are the result of who is messaging the news to the 10% of independents who are ignorant of the manipulation. They don't see the tiny script that names the source. And while they don't usually proscribe to those news providers, now they are being influenced by them unknowingly. And it is very hard (if not impossible) to adjust the default sources. I still haven't figured out how to. I also get these sources on my NetZero start page. And of course the Microsoft IE home page. I'm sure this is representative of all push media. Republicans really need to inform people of the duplicity. We all know they won't be able to change the behavior.

No comments: