Friday, November 25, 2016

24 Karat Pyrite

AITOOW has noticed that all Bruno Mars has done (since at least Uptown Funk) is steal mid-Eighties Soul Pop beats? I'm hearing "I Feel For You" and others by Chaka Khan. And there are rip offs of that whole group of acts like Lisa Lisa and Sheila E. I can't remember all their names. There was always a mix of girls and guys. Maybe Debarge. The Jets? They were mostly Latin Blacks, so, I guess that could be the explanation. He's the new Carlos Santana. Ripping off his own people and somehow never being called to account for it. I guess they just have so few successes that they have to allow it. It was funny hearing him on 60 Minutes say he chose his name because he shoots for the stars. Mars is a planet and almost the nearest one to Earth.

No comments: