Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ava-rage

AITOOW didn't come away impressed with Avatar? I mean aside from the banal script, granola demagogery and derivative plot, the effects weren't that much better than what Peter Jackson came up with in Lord of the Rings or King Kong. And yes it's Jackson's studio that did the work and invented the processes. Not Captain Tell Me I'm a Naughty Boy. I liken the advances to XBox graphics vs Playstation. If Star Wars was Atari v Pong. And Jurassic Park was Nintendo 64 v Nintendo NES. Then this leap was only XBox v PS. Not a huge leap. In fact I found the 3D wouldn't let me concentrate on the story.

While we're on it, how come every initial scene on dangerous territory has everything from the mosquitos to the carnivores after you and then as the scenes go on you can just walk through the jungle like you are walking in a mall?

No comments: